Want to try Best Street Food in Mumbai? This list will certainly help you satisfy your taste buds. Food is an essential aspect of our lives, which binds us together. Food helps in creating an everlasting bond sprinkled with love, tossed in a sauce of care, and served with affection. Therefore, the best way to resonate with a place is to taste its authentic flavors.
Below mentioned is a list of some of the famous Mumbai street food curated uniquely for you to cherish the authentic feel of Mumbai. The list also includes some of the best places to eat street food in Mumbai.
1. Vada Pav
Vada Pav is one of the most famous street foods of Mumbai. The streets of Mumbai are overflowing with the Vada Pav sellers. It is a type of vegetarian burger filled with spicy mashed potatoes combined with a variety of sauces. It is a deep-fried snack layered with a variety of seasonings to make it delectable. Vada Pav is a perfect delight for spicy food lovers as it served with a side of deep-fried chilies, creating a fantastic combo of hot and spicy.
If you are looking for some of the best vada pavs in Mumbai, then you should visit Dadar. Dadar is one of the most famous street food places in Mumbai.
- Specialty: Ashok Vada Pav serves a great variety of Vada Pav.
- Visit: Kashinath Dhuru Marg, Dadar, Mumbai (near Kriti College, Dadar)
- Availability: 11 AM – 9:30 PM Mon to Sat (closed on Sunday)
2. Pav Bhaji
Mumbai has unbeatable love for a variety of Pav. But one of the most loved types of Pav is the one served with a super spicy, super tangy, thick vegetable masala/curry flavored with butter known as Pav Bhaji. It is one of the best vegetarian street foods in Mumbai.
Do visit Sardar Pav bhaji at Mumbai Central to have an unforgettable best Pav Bhaji in Mumbai. Cannon Pav Bhaji at the CST station is yet another best street food places in Mumbai.
- Specialty: Specialty: Butter Pav Bhaji
- Visit: Mahapalika Marg, Opposite Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Hazarimal Somani Road, Fort, Mumbai
- Availability: 7 AM TO 1 AM, all days of the week.
Dabeli is masala pav filled with mashed potatoes, tamarind chutney, spices neatly stuffed into a pav garnished with sev, peanuts, and pomegranate. The moment you take a bite, it will melt into your mouth, and trust me, the taste is heavenly.
- Specialty: Jain Dabeli and Dancing Dabeli
- Visit: Kapil Dabeli Centre, 21, Vivek Vidyalaya Marg, Siddharth Nagar 4, Shri Nagar, Goregaon West
- Availability: 9:30 AM- 5:30 PM
4. Bun Maska
Bun Maska is an authentic Irani dish served with an Irani cup of tea. Bun Maska is a kind of sweet bun to quench the cravings of the people with a sweet tooth. Visit B. Merwan & Company at Grant Road, an ultimate place offering freshly baked goods, making it a famous street food place in Mumbai.
- Specialty: Bun Maska, Mava Samos, and Pastries
- Visit: Merwan’s at Ali Bhai Remji Road, Opposite Station, Grant Road East, Mumbai
- Availability: 7 AM to 6 PM
5. Bombay Sandwich
Khau Gali is one of the best places to eat street food in Mumbai. You can find a large variety of finger-licking snacks at a very reasonable cost. The area is a classic hub from lunch hours to late night as it is flooded with office going people and holy citizens trying to get their hands on the famous grilled Bombay sandwich.
- Specialty: Grilled Bombay sandwich
- Visit: Khau Gali, South Mumbai (starting from SNDT College to Cross Maidan)
- Availability: 2 PM to 10 PM
6. Bhel Puri
Bhel Puri is a famous homegrown dish of Mumbai. Bhel Puri is a tangy chaat made by combining puffed rice, the mix of chatpata masalas, chopped onions, tomatoes, potatoes, and coriander. The mixture is further layered with tangy, spicy, and sweet sauces to create beautiful layers of flavors. Bhel Puri is a quick snack for both old and young people.
So if you are looking for some excellent chat options, then you should visit the beaches of Mumbai. You can find a lane of Bhel walas aligned on the shores of Mumbai. Juhu Beach Food Centre and Girgaum Chowpatty are a few best street food places in Mumbai. Take a stroll on the sandy beaches enjoying the soothing wind, and take pleasure of flavorsome Bhel Puri. There is one more variety of Bhel known as Icy Bhel found on MG road.
- Specialty: Bhel Puri
- Visit: Juhu Beach Food Centre, 43, Juhu Beach, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai
- Availability: 11 AM to 3 PM and 6 PM to 10 PM.
7. Sev Puri
Sev Puri is a classic chaat of Mumbai. This chat is served on a flat puri, which looks like a little round chip. The round disk is topped with mashed potatoes, coriander, onions, garlic cloves, and tamarind & chili sauces. These vegetables are further layered with a handful of sev and garnished with sour green mango. One of the best places to eat sev puri in Mumbai is at the Vile Parle.
- Specialty: Sev Puri
- Visit: 6th Road Sev Puri on the Foursquare
- Availability: Open during lunch hours.
8. Misal Pav
Misal Pav is a popular Maharashtrian dish known to tickle your taste bud in the best way possible. It is a big healthy meal made with a mix of beans, spices, sprouts, chopped tomatoes, and onions. The Misal Pav is served with homemade spices and crunchy farsan. Misal Pav is a famous food in Mumbai. The best place to eat Mumbai’s special Misal Pav is at Aaswad, located in Dadar.
- Specialty: Misal Pav
- Visit: 61, Sadanand, Opposite Amar Hind Mandal, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar West, Mumbai.
- Availability: 10 AM to 10:30 PM.
The above list of famous street food places in Mumbai will help you treat yourself better. If you have any doubts about the flavors offered in the list, then trust me; we are big-time foodie with a finicky attitude toward food. So the list is unchallenged for a person with great taste buds like us. Mumbai is a pure delight for spicy food lovers.
Like it? Pin it here: