By now, you all must be knowing that we love exploring offbeat places and less touristy destinations. We yet again explored one of such beautiful destination located in the state of Kerala – Poovar.
Poovar is a beautiful village involved by a lovely beach on one side and the backwaters on the other and is very popular for its picturesque beauty. It is located at the southern tip of Trivandrum and is the only village that trails the end of Kerala. Located at the entrance of Neyyar River, this tourist spot is inhabited mainly by the fishing community and is an unspoilt tourist destination with exotic flora and fauna.
Kerala is a beautiful state with plenty of tourist attraction to explore and celebrate the charm of nature, however, Poovar is still untouched yet charming backwater destination other than famous Alleppey and Kumarakom in Kerala.
Even though this island is blessed with natural beauty, you may not find many activities to do here other than boating, bird watching, fishing, visiting local villages or just playing indoor games and relaxing in the pool or in the spa. So, if you are looking for a relaxed vacation with your loved ones, then Poovar is the best choice of you.
Poovar is a place where you can put your feet up and do nothing and switch off from civilization. There is plenty to choose from –If you are a Landscape photographer or a Nature Lover, Poovar will live up to all your expectations besides being a destination for rejuvenation and relaxing, Poovar offers a vast variety of nature for landscape photography. A DSLR camera equipped with appropriate lenses will ensure capturing perfect memories for your trip to Poovar.
Check out here our Photoblog of Poovar – Paradise for Landscape photography.
Sunset in Poovar
Backwaters scene in Poovar
Floating Cottages in Poovar
Landscape of Poovar
Amidst of Coconut trees
Bird Watching in Poovar
Mangroves via Backwaters
Living the moments in Poovar
— Quick Facts —
- Nearest Airport to Poovar is Trivandrum Airport – 27 kms away.
- The best time to visit Poovar is from August to March.
- Enjoy the delicious variety of south India cuisines – There are some great floating restaurants here like Saravana Bhawan.
- You will find many luxuries to budget hotels in Poovar for a comfortable stay. Club Mahindra, Poovar island resort are name to few where you can enjoy the serenity of this place along with luxury stay.
- Water taxis are available to move around the island.
— Photography tips for Poovar —
- Carry DSLR camera.
- If you are using smart phones to take your pictures, download manual camera apps like Camera 360 which will allow you to play with the manual settings.
- Carry wide angle lenses, if you love to capture the beautiful landscape of Poovar.
- Be Patient to get a perfect composition for your photo.
- Look for those unique spots at the beach (providing they are safe to get to) that offer amazing scenes and less crowd.
- Use the best light – The best light for landscape photography is early in the morning or late afternoon, with the midday sun offering the harshest light.
- Carry a Tripod
- Shoot in RAW format
— Places to visit in Poovar —
- Poovar beach
- Estuary island
- Fishing Village
Poovar is a stilt beauty with its unexplored beaches, dazzling backwaters, long expanses of shining sand and panoramic surroundings, it is an attractive destination to explore in Kerala.
Have you been to Poovar yet? If Yes, do share your pictures with us using #mapcameratravel on instagram. Follow us for more amazing pictures in Instagram .
You may also like: Want to Feel Alive? Take a Trip to India